Thursday, April 06, 2006


Life's The Same, And Moving In Stereo...

I don't want to alarm anyone... but, yes -- I
hear voices in my head... and they are singing. OK, maybe a word of explanation here -- lest I get a(nother) visit from the kindly men in the white lab coats, & the next thing I know, I'm sitting in the back of a padded van, mumbling: "But the sleeves on this jacket are waaay too long".

I don't know about you, but when I dream (which is pretty much every nite), I wake up in the morning with a song instantly sticking in my head. Yes, it would seem that I dream in Stereo. I really should keep a log of all of the songs that I wake up to.

This morning, (I must admit) I woke up to the chorus from the Britney Spears song, "Sometimes". Yes, no matter how hard I try not to, I still find myself grudgingly singing: "...Sometimes I run. Sometimes I hide. Sometimes I'm scared of you. But all I really want is to hold you tight, treat you right, be with you dayyy and nite. Baby, all I need is time." And, YES... in case you were wondering, on that
last 'Baby, all I need is time' lyric, I'm doing that throaty thing that Britney does when she sings that line. OK, you broke me down. Are you happy now? :-)

I really need to stop mixxing Apple Jacks and Frosted Flakes in my 'bowl before bed'. Kids... do not try this at home.

The other morning, I woke up to "Stray Cat Strut": "Black & orange stray cats sittin on a fence. Ain't got enough dough to pay the rent. I'm flat broke, but I don't care. I strut right by with my tail in the air..." As I recall, that turned out to be a really good day. Upbeat all day long.

One morning this past week, I woke up with Springsteen's "Bobby Jean" in my head, but just one line from it: "...Good luck. Goooood byyyyye! Bobby Jean!". You know that any day I wake up singing something from The Boss, it's gonna be a hella good day.

And, trust me on this one, dear readers -- if you ever wake up with ABBA's song, "Fernando", stuck in your brain.... just call-in sick, and pull the covers back over your head. 'Nuff said.

Gawd, I'm sure any Freudians out there are gonna have a field day with that one.

But, really, I AM quite sane. No, honestly, I am! I have no control over what blasted song I wake up singing, right?? I'll get better, dear readers, I promise...

... Baby, all I need is time. <--- typed with a throaty voice. Hmmm... maybe this is another day where it would be hella smart to call in sick? Where is my iPod? :-)

2 comments:

  1. God help us all if you start dreaming in color! But then again, it might give new light to "Strawberry Fields"....(but you know, the Beatles found the Strawberry fields right after they found the mushroom patch)...I'm not sure, but I think they heard voices in their heads too...Yeah yeah yeah!! You'd best be careful about calling in sick because of music in your head...elst you will soon be singing the perfect country song: It has to have drinking, fighting, trains, trucks, breaking up, making up, crying in your beer, momma, God, hotdogs, apple pie, and chevrolets, prison, rain, snow, hail, jukeboxes, and cowboy boots. Not necessarily in that order. I hear San Quentin has padded cells...not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm Have u ever woke up singing something from the RHCP and if u have... What kind of day would it be ??? Kudos to the comment above had to lol

    ReplyDelete