Friday, November 21, 2008

The Annoyance


I was doing some Christmas shopping recently at the Mall, and within a few minutes of arriving there, I was reminded of my one, singular annoyance of Mall shopping.

It's not the crowds.

It's not the prices.

It's those Scent/Nails vendors, who have booths set up in the middle of the walkways, and who try to coax you aside to sample their goods.

"Excuse me, do you have a minute?? Sir? Sir???..."

At least most of them are polite. But, still... it annoys me. If I wanted to be sprayed with cologne or body spray, or wanted to have my nails buffed, I'd go to the booth on my own. If I'm obviously not heading there -- and in fact, I'm purposely doing as wide a loop around the booth as I can, to avoid being pulled aside & interrupted from my shopping -- then don't follow me down the walkway with insistant invitations to try your stuff.

Yes, I'm fully aware that they are just trying to make a living.

Yes, I'm fully aware that it's their job to do this.

Yes, I'm fully aware that a certain percentage of them probably realize that they may annoy some shoppers, but they have to do it anyway, to get the paycheck.

But, still... please let me go about my business & my shopping. If I want to partake in your product, however fine and fragrant it may be, I'll go over there. Otherwise, just let me walk by in peace.

1 comment:

  1. aaww What's the matter you don't want to smell all Fuu Fuuish!!

    ReplyDelete