Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Milestone...

Well, it took 205 days, 12 hrs, and 37 minutes, but the little blog visit counter at the bottom of the page finally reached 1,000 visitors at 11:15 a.m., on October 17, 2006.

Thank you to those several of you who seem to visit regularly, and for your comments and guidance. I've enjoyed reading several of your blogs as well.

I realize that blogs get more visitors, if they have something to read when they get there.

When I first started this blog, I didn't even let anyone know that I started it, except for one person. It took me a few entries before I let anyone else know that I had started this blog. In the beginning, I relied mostly on Clip Art to embellish my blogs. I quickly found that to be cumbersome -- first, finding the appropriate clip art image, & then cutting and pasting the art to the blog.

As time went by, I tried to only blog when I had my own pictures to post, instead of clip art. The positive side of this 'all my own photos' idea was that everything in my blogs were original, and unique. The downside of it was that when I had no new pictures to post, my blog entries became few and far between.

This month, with my daily vacation postings (see archives, October 8 thru October 17, 2006), visits to the site increased dramatically. I took a TON of pics on vacation, with an eye on using some of them later on, when other new picture ideas/ blogs start to run scarce.

So, faithful readers, and new arrivals to Awesomely Plain, thank you for continuing to visit my blog. I hope to try to keep it interesting, and unique, so that when you visit, you will find something worth your time.

As always, enjoy the archives -- alot of good entries, even from the start, if I say so myself. Some gems are in those first several postings, starting in March of this year. The pics in this blog are 'blasts from the past' -- each one corresponding w a previous blog entry that I especially am proud of! Click on the pics in this blog posting, and you will be taken to the blog entry to which the picture corresponds. Enjoy these nuggets from past blogs!

Here's to the next 1,000 visits... CHEERS!

3 comments:

  1. It's not only the pictures that interest me. Your words say alot about you as well. Thank you for sharing everything that you have. Congrats on your viewings and continue on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Congrats on visitor 1000! Keep posting, I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm always happy to read your blog entries. And I agree with the previous comment - it's not just the pictures but your thoughts that are inspiring. I'm also back on track now - feel free to pay me a visit!

    ReplyDelete